Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hot Thursday

The air conditioning went out in our office this morning and it probably will not be fixed tomorrow. They had to order the part. When I left at 11:30, it was over 80 degrees in the office. They had set up fans but it was still plenty hot.

It's 102 right now and it's only 3:00 PM. It will get hotter before it cools down.

I worked hard this morning and got everyone caught up. Then I got off thirty minutes early for Ministerial Alliance. I'm the secretary treasurer so I need to be there a little early to get the minutes and the agenda distributed before everyone gets there. I had been going in 15 minutes early for some time for just such needs. Bonnie was not at all unhappy about letting me go a little early.

I came home after the alliance meeting and Slinky was miserable in this heat so I let him in the kitchen again. He hates to be in the house but he hates the heat more so he just goes out long enough to find that its still very hot then he wants back in.

I would like to make a bank deposit but I hate to put Slinky out to do that so I'll wait until tomorrow after I leave work.

This afternoon I finished the book, "The Help". It was very good. It took me awhile to get into it but it turned out interesting enough that I couldn't put it down.

No comments: