Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another Big Day

Today will be another big day. I will work 8:00 until 11:30 and take off thirty minutes early in order to get out to Windsor and get the agenda and the minutes on the tables before the ministers start coming.

This afternoon I will do the minutes from the meeting and then go out and look for jobs for a couple of hours. I only have two and I need nine resumes' distributed.

Tomorrow after work I will pack for the women's retreat weekend. I will be gone Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. Four of us are going to attend.

Unless something happens to change my mind, I don't think I am going to attend the Peace Colloquy. I don't think Jack and Marilyn are going and I really can't afford it. I will be using my discretionary money to go to this retreat this weekend.

On Tuesday next week I plan to meet Myra for lunch in Bartlesville. And then Thursday I will meet Juanita for lunch. That's all I have on the calendar.

So next week should be less busy.

Dr. Burch's office called this morning to tell me my contacts were in. I was going to have to charge them and pay them out but I got a note from Ron and Joyce Dawbarn this afternoon and Joyce sent me $100 which she said was what she wanted to share with me and she got unexpectedly from the mine in Australia that her sister left to her. I was able to pay for my contacts. Those are the greatest people! I am putting a thank you note in the mail to her and Ron. I used to try to send their check back but they would send it right back to me. I only wish there was something I could do for them.

Last night I learned that Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple computer died. He was only 56. He died of pancreatic cancer. That's a shame. He was very young.

No comments: