Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Really Wild Day

Yesterday was such a wild day that I never got around to posting.

I cleaned my house and did my laundry yesterday morning and then loaded the cakes into my trunk and at 11:00 picked up Bob. We went to Independence and dropped off the cakes. Leslie came with hers while we were there and I had an opportunity to introduce both of them to Terry, the pastor there at the First Christian Church . He is such a nice guy and one with a real sense of mission.

Then Bob and I went over to Big Cheese and had a mini pizza. And then we came back to Coffeyville and I dropped him off at his house.

I had intended to go out to see Phyliis yesterday at 10:00 but discovered when I started to sweep out my car's trunk that I had not put my sweeper back together correctly and had to take it apart again and put it back together correctly. By then, it was too late to go.

We stopped at the church on the way home and picked up the copier. We will take it to Bartlesville to Staples after I get off work today.

By the time we got back home from Independence, it was 3:00. I sat down to watch some TV and fell asleep. I woke up at 4:30. Leslie called and wanted to meet me at Braums to pick up the part I had found for John's drill press and eat a milk shake. I'm never one to turn down a milk shake. She bought the shakes and also paid me back the money for the part. Then I came home and took my bath and put my pjs on and watched the last episode of "Prohibition" on PBS. It was really a good series. It was also a good lesson in why not to try to legislate morality.

Anyhow, by the time it was finished I could barely keep my eyes open. I went to bed at 9:00.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...We saved Prohibition on our DVR and started watching it last night.We both enjoy programs like this one. We'll finish tonight.
Sounds like you had a full day. Enjoy your evening...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I did. I did enjoy "Prohibition". Ken Burns does such a good job.