Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Bigger Day

Yesterday turned out to be an even bigger day. When I went to the library board meeting last night, the secretary couldn't be there so I was asked to take notes. So I ended up being the secretary pro tem. Then I was asked to serve on the library foundation too. Since they meet only every two months and also meet right after the board meeting, I accepted. So I stayed for that meeting too. Then I came home, had a bowl of ice cream and watched TV. I went to bed about 9:30. Slinky barked about 4:00. He thinks it's still day light saving time so he thought it was 5:00. The dog has a built in clock. I ignored him but the damage was done. I couldn't get back to sleep and finally got up about 4:45, dressed and made up my face. It was 35 degrees last night and I debated whether to let Slinky in in the middle of the night and decided against it. It's supposed to be 31 degrees tonight so he will sleep in the kitchen. I hope he sleeps well. I dread having to get up in the night for both him and Missy.

I will work today and then afterward go to Independence again to have my hair done. If I can get hold of Juanita, I will ask her if she wants to have lunch before my 1:30 appointment. I may be able to leave work a little early today. I have nothing on the calendar for tomorrow and Friday there's just the Open House for CRMC, our hospital. There's nothing on Saturday. But I do need to clean the church. It's my month.

We are having a "healing service" on Sunday morning and I am asked to give a pastoral prayer as the benediction.

Sunday evening I have the Living the Question group here at 7:00. I will make my apple crisp for the dessert and put vanilla ice cream on it. I have iced tea and can make coffee. That's the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Sounds like you are as busy as ever. I am like Slinky, my internal clock is all messed up with the new time. I am ready for bed by 7 p.m. It has been beautiful here but is supposed to get cold tonight. So, I guess we are going to get your weather. Hope you are doing o.k. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I appreciate your stopping by. My internal clock is messed up too. I generally go to bed at 9:00 now instead of 10:00, my usual time. I don't sleep as well when I go to bed too early.