Saturday, November 12, 2011

Windy Saturday

Slinky stayed outside last night. It got no colder then forty degrees last night. Missy stayed in the house. She woke me at 3:00 to go out. I did get right back to sleep.

Strangely, I forgot about the CRMC open house yesterday afternoon. Instead I went to the market and bought the makings for Thanksgiving dinner. I also went to Country Mart and bought four cake mixes for the cake project next time. They had Betty Crocker cake mixes for .99 each. Then I went by Arby's and had a sandwich. I read all afternoon and almost finished my book. It didn't occur to me that I had missed the open house until this morning. Old age is not for sissies.

Today, I will meet my brother-in-law for breakfast, do some house cleaning for tomorrow evening's Living the Questions group. Jack called day before yesterday and wanted to bring the dessert so I don't need to do my apple crisp after all. After that I will go out to see my sister at Windsor. The rest of the day is up for grabs.

More later....

I did see Phyllis and she was fairly lucid. I stayed about twenty minutes and then went to see Gerry. Gerry was pretty depressed but after I was there for awhile, she cheered up.

I got my house spic and span. Then I went out to the church and gave it a good cleaning. It fairly shines now. I never ate lunch because I had a good breakfast. Now I don't know what I want for dinner..if anything. I forgot to get yogurt yesterday. That's what I sometimes have. I guess I could either have a grilled cheese sandwich or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I don't need much.

No comments: