Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday At Last!

I will take my car up to Gary's at 7:30. Bob A. called last evening and he will meet me there and take me to work. I will suggest that we go over to Cherryvale to Just Us for lunch after I pick the car up. He may not want to do that but I will ask. I do have a couple of TV dinners in the freezer.

Leslie called last night to see if I wanted to go to dinner with her and John but I really was just too tired. I had taken a coupon up to Arby's mid afternoon and ate their chicken pieces, curley fries and a small drink so really wasn't all that hungry.

Slinky slept through the night last night until 4:00 this morning. I let him out to pee and then back in and back to his bed. Missy, on the other hand woke me up at 3:30, wanting outside. Animals!

Saturday after breakfast with Bob A., I will go out to Leslie's and help her clean house for the cookie exchange on Sunday evening. Saturday afternoon I will bake my cookies. Bob A. and I will ride out to the cookie exchange together Sunday afternoon. Leslie has her hands full this week. She has that cookie exchange party after having the sermon on Sunday morning.

More later about the results of the examination of my car. ....

Oh my! The bill came to $190. I had to transfer some more money from my small savings. My house insurance comes due in January too. The four spark plugs came to $36.30, the air filter was 12.84 and the cabin filters were 25.18. The rest was labor. The plugs were in bad shape and the air filters, all three of them were deplorable. I never saw such filth. It was piled up on top of those filters an inch deep and looked like hay and straw. I doubt they had ever been changed in the 11 years since the car was new and not in the eight years I've had it. I have always trusted that those who changed my oil checked those things too. They have charged enough. Most of my oil changes are close to $40.00.

I took it to the Honda agency in Bartlesville last time and afterward asked if they had checked the cabin filter. The associate looked at his computer and plainly said "this car doesn't have them." That's the first and last time I take it there. I will probably take it back to Gary next time. At least I know he and Brandon check it over carefully.

I got my AT & T bill today and they raised my local telephone rate $5.00 a month. I will talk to Leslie about cancelling my local telephone too. I had already cancelled my long distance a couple of years ago. I have my cell phone which she pays for on her family plan. It's always something.

Bob and I went over to Cherryvale to Just Us for lunch and had a good lunch there. We do that about once a month....sometimes twice. We both really enjoy the home cooked taste of the food. The dessert is included for a total of a flat $10.00.

We will also have breakfast tomorrow at Eggberts.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

What kind of cookies are you baking? I love the recipe that you gave me for your Chocolate Nut Clusters last year. They are Joe's favorite treat. Have fun on your busy day. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Balisha. I will probably just make plain old chocolate chip. I'm not too creative. :)

clairz said...

Margie, your life is so full. I'm glad you have those times out for meals.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Clair. I have made it through the past year and a half because of two things. I stay very busy and my friends are simply wonderful!