Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Work Wednesday

This will be another work day and I will have to put Slinky in the garage. It is 18 degrees out there and he would freeze. The garage stays much warmer since the hot water tank is in there. He will not like that! He hates the garage. But I have no alternative. I was not working in past winters and in terribly cold weather so he was able to stay in the kitchen. I have nothing else planned for today. I only hope my car will start this morning. Friday I will take it in to Gary's at 8:00 and Bob A. will take me to to work and pick me up afterward.

And I have another problem. The back door dead bolt will no longer close. The front door did the same thing and last summer I had to dig out the area where the lock enters and move the latch up to get it to lock again. It looks like I may have to do the same thing with the back door. My guess is the house has shifted with the changes in the weather. It was working fine until Monday.

Tomorrow at 3:30 I have a hair appointment. I should have washed it today but was too lazy to do so. Besides, I'm having it done tomorrow. I look almost human when Carol finishes with it. It just looks clean when I wash it myself. I have no clue what to do with my hair. The only time I tried to use the curling iron on it, I ended up burning myself.

I haven't heard anything out of my youngest son in several days. I hope things are going alright with him. Keith called day before yesterday. And, of course, I saw Leslie at church on Sunday.

More later...

Scott (younger son) called me after he read this blog. That was nice.

Slinky wanted to go outside in that 18 degree weather and so I went on to work and left him out. It got up to 47 degrees before I got home and he did not come back into the house until 4:30 this evening.

He is sleeping in the kitchen right now and it is 6:30 in the evening. I don't know what I will do with him when it gets even colder. I guess I will force him to go into the garage.

Bob A. called me at work to ask if I wanted to eat lunch with him at Eggberts and I did. He had been struggling all morning with pain in his right eye. After we ate we went into the Urgent Care and the PA there numbed it and washed it out thoroughly.

The numbing wore off in about 15 minutes and the pain returned. Finally he put an ice pack on it and took an ibuprofin. Finally about 5:00, the pain stopped. I told him if it returns he needs to go see an opthamologist tomorrow. I would take off work and take him to Bartlesville if he needs to go. We don't fool around with our eyes. We only get one set. I will call him in the morning.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hair can be such a problem.I don't have nice hair...it is short and when I need a haircut, I can't do a thing with it. I think that we might be too hard on ourselves...I really like your "do" in the picture on your sidebar. Maybe we don't see our hair as others do.
Poor Slinky. Does he have chewy things to occupy his time while you are gone? Maybe leaving a radio with music on would help him "enjoy" his confinement. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

That's a thought. I don't have chewy things for him. He's so old he really doesn't "play" anymore. He sleeps.

He seems to enjoy the radio but I would have to take one into the garage for him.

My hair drives me nuts. Thanks for commenting favorably on it though.