Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back to Work

It's 12 degrees right now. Way too cold for Slinky to be outside for any time at all. I will leave him in the garage when I go to work and when I go to Independence for lunch with Juanita and get my hair done. If it warms up some before noon, I will let him out in the back yard while I am gone this afternoon.

I'll work today since it's Wednesday. I didn't get out to see Phyllis yesterday. One of my dear friends needed some help with her computer so I went over there and did what I could do. I ended up bringing her work home and doing it for her on my computer. I got it finished about supper time. These folks have been very good to me since Bob died and I will do anything I can to help them.

About 7:00 AM, I will call Juanita about our lunch plans. I forgot to call her last night. I kept falling asleep so I finally just went to bed aabout 8:30. I completely forgot about the call.

More later...

I called Juanita but she was having problems with a knee and staying off it. Instead I went to Sirloin Stockade and ate with Gay and her classmates. Then I went on up and got my hair done.

More politifact findings:

Gingrich says food stamp use (SNAP) has increased among people more under Obama then any other president.

This is their findings:

The number of SNAP beneficiaries is at a record level, and it has risen in most months of the Obama presidency. But Gingrich oversimplifies when he suggests that Obama is the root cause. Much of the reason for the increase was a combination of the economic problems Obama inherited combined with a longstanding upward trend from policy changes. But Obama has supported those policies. On balance, we rate Gingrich’s statement Half True.

2 comments:

marlu said...

Thanks for posting politifacts!
I follow it too but it's good to see it in another place.

Do you suppose any of the politicians can remember what they have said?

Margie's Musings said...

I doubt it. They say what they believe folks want to hear...anything at all.