Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cold Thursday

Another cold day. I guess we ought to get used to them. It is winter, after all.

I will work today and then just come home and relax. I need to clean the bathrooms again. I do have a meeting here tomorrow evening at 7:00. Some of my classmates will be here to decide what we will do about our class reunion. Our sixtieth is next year but some of the classmates want to have it this year (we are dying off like flies) and invite the class of 52 to join with us. It is their sixtieth and they are not planning anything special.

I will know more after Friday evening's meeting.

I watched my favorite TV show last night....Harry's Law. At the end of the program they announced the program would be moved to Sunday evening at 7:00. Shoot! The only show worth watching on an otherwise group of idiot shows and they are moving it to interfere with my Living the Questions group. That's disgusting!

Slinky slept in the kitchen (actually the utility area) last night and did pretty well. He woke me up three times to go out and then went right back to bed. Missy woke me at 4:00 and I got up to let her out. She put her nose out where it was cold and backed away from the door. I grabbed her up and put her out anyhow. If she wakes me up at 4:00 AM to go out and then changes her mind, that's just too bad. She's going out anyhow. She hissed and spit at me but that's nothing new. Ill tempered cat!

The latest Politifact findings:

Romney is stalling on releasing his tax records. Here's what Politifact found in their investigation:

Our ruling

Romney's right that there's a strong April trend for releasing tax records, especially among politicians who practice annual disclosure. But that's not Romney's history — he's steadfastly refused to open his personal tax records for public consumption. That weakens his appeal to tradition. He could just as easily follow in the footsteps of Obama, Bill Clinton, Dukakis, Dole and his own father and release a batch of earlier federal tax returns now. Meanwhile, he implies that only party nominees release their tax records — when recent history shows primary candidates opening their files to inspection. His statement that candidates "have tended to release tax records in April" is partially accurate, but leaves out important details. We rate his claim Half True.

From me: Furthermore, CBS news found that he has extensive financial holdings offshore. What's the purpose of that if it's not to hide something. I simply do not trust the man. He has something to hide that his tax records would reveal.

No comments: