Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cakes Again

Today about 9:30 Bob and I will take the cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church for their dinner this evening. We are so blessed to be able to share in their mission in this way.

Afterward I will have my hair done before we eat lunch at Big Cheese. Then I will come home, deliver Bob back to his home and go to work.

Last night I watched part 1 of the American Experience documentary on Clinton. Regardless of his wild reputation, I always thought he turned out to be a great president. He learned the job on the job. After he convinced congress to pass his budget, for the first time in forty years, we had a surplus. He is even greater now because, like Carter, he has spent his retirement years doing service projects. I believe part 2 is tonight and I want to watch it too. I have read his and Hillary's books and admire her for her intelligence and the fact that she stayed with him through all he put her through because she decided she would be miserable without him. I always wanted her to become president but being Secretary of State has worn her out. I have watched several of his speeches and he has a phenomenal mind and memory. And he has always said she is more intelligent that he is. Her intelligence was what first drew him to her. He admires her greatly.

People seem to forget that other presidents also strayed. Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and I am sure there were others, strayed but that was before the cable wars and the press respected their personal privacy. The Republicans tried to crucify Clinton but the press also pursued him.

Anyhow, it is an interesting documentary.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I agree with you about the Clintons!