Thursday, February 23, 2012

Payday Thursday

My first daffodils are starting to bloom. And it is only the 23rd of February. This has been the strangest winter in my history.

I got my first pay after the new 28 hour week was instituted. However the first week of the pay period was the old 12 hour week. Only one week had the full 28 hours on it. So I was very surprised to see I only had an extra $100 on my check. I guess that's right but I was expecting more. Next payday should show the entire 56 hour pay period so I will have to wait a couple of weeks to see how much extra I will get. It will probably only be about $400. I had misfigured and thought it might be closer to $700. Oh well..it's still more then I was getting. It will help a lot.

Yesterday was exhausting. I don't know why since there was no real heavy work. I feel better today. I have no idea how Bonnie will fill 8 hours today and tomorrow. I did a number of different things yesterday. I started out folding sheets of jury forms and putting them in envelopes and stamping them for mailing. Then I filed a few files that were ready. And then I put labels on folders for 2012. After that I typed labels for old folders. Then I filed traffic tickets and wrote the information on other envelopes that hold the tickets. I ended up typing labels for the old 1996 files until closing time. I stopped from time to time and filed what had been scanned. Mainly it seemed like busy work.

I came home hungry. I had only had a cup of tomato soup for lunch. I microwaved some frozen lasagna from Schwans and ate that. It was too heavy for bedtime and I didn't sleep as well as usual.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I can't eat a heavy meal later in the day either...it keeps me awake. We eat our big meal of the day around 2pm and then just fruit or popcorn etc at night. Of course, if you have a job, I realize you can't do this. It's nice to hear that you are sleeping better now...I used to wonder how you got through the day with the little sleep you had.
Have a nice day...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I sometimes wonder how I did it too.