Friday, March 9, 2012

A Day Off

I am so happy to have Friday off. That gives me a three day weekend. I have my laundry going right now. At 6:30 I will leave to go get my hair done. Then I will come home and do some cleaning. Bob will come by at 11:30 to pick me up for lunch over at Cherryvale at Just Us.

I hear Romney is in Mississippi today campaigning. He is blasting President Obama for the price of gas. Anyone who studies these things knows the president, any president... has nothing to say or nothing to do with the price of oil. That is set by an international oil cartel. I also read the other day that our oil is exported and then we buy it back instead of just processing it here and keeping it here. Exporting it makes no sense to me at all. Also I read that if we did build that pipeline to the gulf, the Canadian oil would also be exported. That's why they're wanting to build the pipeline to the gulf. There would also be the chance that there would be a leak and that would be an enormous problem.

Madness!

I went to Independence to get my hair done earlier. Afterward, I called my 90 year old friend there and she was in some kind of trouble. She asked me to come to her house and then hung up. I went over there and she was in a tizzy. She spent $325 to learn that her favorite dog has diabetes and she will have to inject it with insulin once a day every day. She has glaucoma and can't see well at all. She tried to give it it's shot this morning and bent two needles trying to get the insulin in. She only had one left but she thought she got today's shot in the dog. I suggested if she couldn't do it, that she should have the dog put to sleep. She is a nervous wreck about it. The dog is now incontinent and also occasionally has some sort of seizure. I suggested it was just too much for her. I did go to the vet and get some new needles for her. She will have to make that hard decision by herself if she can't manage the daily shot.

What a mess! I feel so sorry for her.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Why would a vet tell someone in their 90's to give a dog daily insulin shots? I realize that this dog must mean the world to her and she would do anything to make it's life easier, but who is making her life easier? Vets bills are outrageous today.How can some Seniors afford to have a loving pet?
Margie...you are earning your wings here on earth.. with all you do for other people. Whenever your friends need you...you are there. They are so lucky to have you...have an enjoyable rest of your day off..
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. But she has always been very good to me too.

She really can't afford to have a pet but she loves them so much!