Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday At Last

I left work at 11:40 to pick up Bob A. for the Lenten Luncheon at Grace Fellowship Church. It was chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, a roll and a drink...all for $3.00. It was good and stuck to my ribs pretty well.

I am so disgusted with the Republican candidates. They all are wanting to go to war with Iran or to bomb Syria. Warmongers...all. They all claim to be Christian. I wonder how Jesus, who went about peaceably making changes to his culture under the Roman government, would feel about their proposed methods? He was killed because he was "perceived" as a threat after the Temple incident. But he made his cultural changes peaceably. I believe in intense diplomacy.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I agree with everything you say in your post from the people who go to work sick to the Republicans who are spouting to the media about yet another war. The media catches hold of their comments and then they build on those comments and get people so stirred up. We need to watch what we say and just take time before we jump into something we will regret later.So glad that John McCain isn't our president.
Balisha

Betty said...

I agree, too. The company I used to work for didn't like for people to miss work, even for contagious conditions. They didn't insist we come to work, they just had this attitude that we were malingering when we missed work, and we all felt it.

Margie's Musings said...

That's awful, Betty. I just hope my workmates don't get sick.

Thanks for commenting, Balisha. I too am so glad we didn't elect John McCain. We would be at war with Iran already and we would also be interfering in Syria's internal affairs.