Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Morning

I am up and dressed and ready for church this morning. After church some of us will eat out together. My daughter may not be at church this morning. She was on call last evening. I called her last night at 9:00 and she was "out". When my daughter doesn't come, my son-in-law seldom comes.

I will do my letters this afternoon. Tonight my favorite TV show is on: Harry's Law. I will watch it and then read my book. I have been reading "The Underground Church" and I am nearly finished with this very interesting book.

I heard from my son in Germany this morning. He seemed to be in better spirits today.

I have been posting on my church's website. Our church is very diverse. You will find very fundamental folks there as well as more "progressive" or liberal folks. We subscribe to no creeds so all persons are accepted regardless of their belief system.

We are having a discussion about the existence of Satan. Some who post there believe there is an actual Satan. Some believe the entire concept of a Satan came out of the captivity. So the discussion is interesting. One man says scripture mentions Satan so he believes in a Satan. Another person says the scripture writers were a product of their culture and their culture at the time the scripture was written believed in a Satan because the scriptures were written after the captivity. It's an interesting discussion.

More later...

We ate at a Bar B Q place and there were ten of us. We had a good visit too.

Later I came home and mowed the yard. Then I worked on my letters. I got everything done. I even washed the storm door windows...front and back. I took my bath after watching Harry's Law, my favorite TV show. Now I am ready for bed but it's only 8:30.

Maybe I can read awhile and finish my book.

No comments: