Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday At Last

At last it's Thursday. I will work today and then tonight I will stay home. Tomorrow I will get my hair done, clean house, and then meet my friend, Gay, for lunch at Cherryvale. I always have so much to do on Fridays. If I have any opportunity to have lunch with friends, it's on Friday.

I met Gay when I was 17 and she was 14. She walked home downtown at lunchtime and I worked after school downtown afternoons and Saturdays. We walked together and soon became friends. She dropped out of school before graduation and got married. I had gotten married and moved away. When Bob and I moved back to Bartlesville when Bob went to work at Phillips there, she and her husband moved there too and we got reacquainted. We both had small children by that time. Her first two were a year younger then my first two and her third was a year older then my younger son. We spent a lot of time together. We sunbathed together and went to the swimming pool together with our six kids. They were very well behaved kids so that worked out beautifully. They even went camping with us when we bought a camper. We had tent camped for a few years and when we bought a pop up camper we put the kids in the tent and we slept in the camper. We had a great time together.

We have managed to stay in touch all these years. We have lost one another for years at a time but we always manage to reconnect. Good friends are great support in the bad times and great fun in the best times.

Today at work was exhausting! Yet when I got home I mowed the yard and trimmed the bushes. I raked the remaining leaves and bagged them. I worked until 7:30 and then came in and took my bath. I am very tired but being tired never killed anyone. In fact, it helps me sleep.

So I'm going to go see what there is on channel 11 and if it's nothing, I will read awhile.

No comments: