Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Storm Last Night

I am pretty sure we had a rainstorm last night. I awoke...or rather I should say almost awoke to the sound of thunder and what I thought was hail. After awhile I'll call my brother-in-law and ask him if it hailed. Missy came in awhile ago and she was a little wet so I am supposing it must have rained. Also, I just looked out and the patio has some mud washed up on it so I'm sure it must have. Later in the day, I will have to get out the pressure washer and clean it off again.

I stripped my bed this morning to wash sheets and have them in the dryer now. It's 5:40 AM now. I get an awful lot done before 8:00 in the morning. I sure am glad I mowed last night. My lawn was beginning to be heat stressed with these 96 degree days. The rain should help it a lot.

I told Esther I would post some photos of my Rose of Sharon when it really began to bloom. Well, following that rain last night it really popped out. Here are some photos of it and the small one by the fence too. I also posted some photos of my tiger lilies.

3 comments:

patsy said...

rained in north west arkansas 4 o'clock this am ....

patsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Margie's Musings said...

That's good! We all needed the rain.