Sunday, May 27, 2012

They've Left!

The kids got up at 4:30 and left about 5:15 this morning. I fixed some toast. They didn't want a full breakfast and I fixed coffee for Esther. They said they would stop along the way and get something for breakfast.

We had a very good visit. I am seriously thinking about flying out to Phoenix in the spring to visit them there. I would have to take a week off work but life is too short not to do the important things.

I will drive myself out to church this morning. Bob has his daughter there this weekend. She came all the way from Wisconsin to see him and her mother. We were so busy yesterday that I didn't have a chance to see them. We did have breakfast with Bob yesterday morning. I have the bulletin to print off this morning for church.

This evening I will go to Bobby and Karan's for a cookout dinner and to see Bruce. I haven't seen him in years. Bruce used to come to our house for Sunday evening popcorn, juice and ice cream. It was a family tradition for us and he really enjoyed it.

I will be exhausted after this weekend is over. I can rest tomorrow. That's the actual holiday.

Scott called yesterday morning and we had a nice visit.

More later...

Nine of us went to Braum's for a light lunch. I had a milk shake and a good visit with one of our visitors. We will be meeting again tonight at Bobby and Karan's for a cookout. This afternoon I will get my letters out and rest a bit. I am to hear from Keith when he and Esther get home to Phoenix. I hope their trip goes well. They want to make it in one day.

Some of us went to Karan and Bobby's for a cookout this evening. I had a chance to revisit an old friend. When my kids were teens, Bruce used to come on Sunday evenings and have ice cream, orange juice and popcorn with us and stay the evening and watch TV. He is over 60 now and still the same old Bruce. He's still one of my kids.

No comments: