Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Wonderful Time

We had a wonderful time in Branson Friday and today! We went out to Silver Dollar City yesterday and spent most of the day and ate lunch out there then went to find our rooms and take a nap. Myra had not slept well at my house so she was really tired. After a nap, we all three went over to Pinetta bread and had soup for supper. Then we took a drive around Branson to see the tornado damage and show Myra. Then we went to the Pierce Arrow show and then afterwards back to the motel to watch some TV and then took a bath and went to bed. The Pierce Arrow show was wonderful! But we were all three exhausted!

This is Bob and Myra out at Silver Dollar City before lunch.

I have never figured out how to close the spaces between comments with HTML. So there is a lot of open space between the photos.

The second photos is Bob, patiently waiting while Myra and I shopped.


Yesterday while we were out at Silver Dollar City, the appliance repair man from home called to say my part had expectantly come in and he wondered if I wanted him to go to my house and install it. It was a surprise for all of us. I was delighted! I gave him the combination to my remote door opener and he did just that! So when I came home, I came home to a repaired refrigerator.

This morning we went to Branson Landing and shopped. We all got some things. I got new shoes, earrings and a T-shirt, Myra bought TV shirts and earrings, and Bob bought new slacks. We then went to Olive Garden and had dinner. Then we came home. It was lovely...not too hot and not too cold. Just right!

It was a wonderful time and I got home to discover I had a cute Mother's day card from my oldest son. How sweet he remembered!

And while I'm at it I'd like to say I'm proud of the president and Vice President Joe Biden too. They said some things this week that have been needed to be said for some time. Vice President Joe Biden asked this poignant question about "Who do you love?" He was acknowledging that same sex marriage can produce some very fine parents just as conventional marriage can. Then the president joined in the discussion with an ABC interview with Robin Roberts by saying his opinion had "evolved" and now he was able to accept same sex marriage.

What possible difference could it make to conventional marriage to allow same sex couples to marry? Lord only knows heterosexual couples have ruined many a marriage with infidelity and divorce and same sex couples won't be able to damage conventional marriage. That premise is stupid. They should be able to have equal rights. What does it take to help a person change their mind on this issue? It takes really getting to know a really fine person only to learn they are homosexual.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Glad you had a good time in Branson. I heard today that NBC has decided not to renew Harry's Law. Stupid network.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. It was about the only entertaining program on TV.