Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's Saturday Again!

I'm not sure what I will do today. I will have breakfast with my brother-in-law before I go up to the hospital to see my sister. I should run the sweeper too. I did the bare floors day before yesterday but with Missy in the house, I need to run the sweeper at least once or twice a week.

Inky showed up here a couple of days ago. He deserted me last year after I had fed him since he was a kitten. The neighbor up the street began feeding all the stray cats and he decided she was more regular then I was, I guess. I am now feeding Missy Science Diet to improve her diet and he really likes it and cleans up his bowl.

I am doing laundry this morning and also running the dishwasher. I stay here in the kitchen while the dishwasher is running because the pipes under the sink used to leak a little when the dishwasher was filling and also when it pumped the water out. A couple of weeks ago, it stopped leaking through. I don't trust it so I sit here at the kitchen counter while it's running and occasionally when it pumps out I get my flashlight and check it. So far, so good.

I should get out my fence paint and check it and stir it and at least begin painting my fence. It looks horrible. I just can't get motivated to do that. I should take my radio out there and at least get it started. I'll see how it goes after I get back from the hospital this morning. I could roll it on with a paint tray and roller and then use a brush to get the sides of each board. I'm trying to talk myself into it. We'll see how successful that is.

I had a very nice lunch with Gay yesterday. She drives down from Chanute and I drive up to Cherryvale and we meet there at Just Us. Tony didn't come and that's good because Bob didn't go either. He doesn't want to leave town while Phyllis is in the hospital.

Cox, my internet provider, sent a man out to work on my internet yesterday afternoon. After the power outage, my internet was very slow and the printer I had hooked up for the laptop quit working after I tried to make it wireless and it also froze the laptop up. So I put it away again. If I want to print anything from the laptop, I will just send it to the desktop and print it from that computer. They also installed a new router. The old router was six years old and not adequate for their new signal. It was running the computers at 32 mbps and now they run at 54 mbps. That's a lot faster! It will be interesting to see if it will download photos any faster next time I want to add some to the blog.

More later...

No comments: