Monday, June 4, 2012

No New Developments

I have decided to go on to work this morning since I will take off tomorrow afternoon for my cousin's husband's funeral. They are to call me from Windsor after their investigation is complete today. Then I will take off and go out there to talk to the director. I stayed at the hospital yesterday until dinner time. I did go out to Windsor in the afternoon to talk to the LPN on duty. I didn't learn anything new from her. She didn't know anything except what their report said...which I don't believe.

They are doing an internal investigation today. I want the truth and the whole truth about this entire incident. The first story was that as they were transferring her from the sling to the bed, she jerked and fell from the sling. That's impossible for several reasons. The first one is that Phyllis cannot move much at all. She is curled up in a fetal position. She cannot even feed herself and has to eat pureed food. The second reason is that I have been there when they have moved her from the wheelchair to the bed before. They move the sling completely over the bed (which is more like a cot with high sides)before they lower her into it and then release the sides of the sling. The sling itself holds the patient inside four raised sides. They cannot fall out.

You know my suspicion and I mentioned it to Eloise today. Hopefully I will know more after their investigation. Eloise is still trying to find the aide that is off for three days. She wants to call the two of them in and talk to them together. It will probably be Wednesday now before she can get them both together for her interview.

More later....

After work, I went out the the mortuary to see my cousin at the family gathering. After that I went up to the hospital to see my sister. She is in some pain with the leg and her sugar is almost 400. They have given her insulin three times today to try to get it down. She is eating good and that is one blessing. My poor sister is in such a terrible shape.

Tomorrow afternoon Bob A and I will go to Dick's funeral. I will pick him up at 1:30.

2 comments:

marlu said...

So sorry this happened, Margie.
Hoping for the best for her.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Marlu. I am depending on the director's investigation to tell us the truth.