Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Really Hot Monday

It's another hot day. It's supposed to reach 101 today. Yesterday it exceeded the forecast and reached 102.

I will work this afternoon unless my supervisor calls and has me come in this morning. The shredders never came last week. Surely they will come this week. If they come in a morning I may be called in in a morning instead of just an afternoon.

Yesterday I stayed in most of the afternoon. It was just too hot to be out. I ran over to the dollar store and bought some chocolate covered peanuts. I had a craving for chocolate. But I took a nap watching a detective TV story. When I woke up, I noticed I had lost my wedding ring. I have lost some more weight and it slipped off my finger. I searched for about 30 minutes and even called Bob to see if it may have come off in his car after church. Finally I recalled having a hard time getting my billfold back in my purse when I paid for my lunch. I had already emptied my purse looking for it but it seemed like the logical place to find it. I went back to the purse and emptied it again. There in the bottom, I found it. Great! I will probably never use it again but I didn't want to lose it.

Scott called when he reached Chicago on one of the legs of his trip back to Germany. Keith had scolded him for not coming to visit me. I hate that because Scott and Becky did come to see me. I was delighted. Scott's feelings were hurt. He idolizes his older brother and that scolding (something very unlike Keith) hurt his feelings. I assured Scott that Keith had not known that he and Becky did come to see me. I finally went to bed about 9:30 and slept well but awoke with a backache. After I had been up awhile, that cleared up.

More later....

1 comment:

Betty said...

I a few widows who wear their wedding rings on a chain around their necks. Maybe you could do that.