Monday, July 30, 2012

Another Terribly Hot Monday

It's 6:30 in the morning and it's already 88 degrees. It's going to be another scorcher. I have to go get some blood work done this morning at the doctor's lab and then go pay my taxes and registration on my car and get my new tag (or year sticker). Then I will come home and start dinner.

I slept somewhat better last night. I still awoke at 2:30 and it was after 3:30 before I got back to sleep. I work this afternoon so that will give me something productive to do while the 108 degree weather is going on outside. When will it ever end?

I am inundated with ants the past two days. They are drawn to Missy's food and water. I have slathered the area with vinegar trying to discourage them and have put Missy's food and water up on a cart but so far that hasn't discouraged them. I have Missy so I can't use poison.

More later....

Well I got my blood work done, my car registration done for another year, and gassed up the car while I was out this morning. In about an hour, I'll start dinner.

Dinner went well. We both ate all we wanted and we have some leftovers for Wednesday. I will make potato cakes from the leftover potatoes. We also have that real good coleslaw and a little bit of gravy and some green beans.

Now it's time for me to leave for work.

I had plenty of work today so I am tired now and ready for a bath soon. It's very hot...last I heard 112. There's no rain in sight either.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I have used a product called Terro for ants. I don't know if it's good for the environment, but when yOu have ants...you just want to get rid of them quick. You put this in a little soda bottle cap on on a little piece of cardboard and set them around where you see the ant. It always works for me.It's an old fashioned product.
Your dinner sounds wonderful...of course I'm hungry right now...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It was Balisha. We really enjoyed it.