Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday at Last

Bob will pick me up this morning for breakfast and then afterward I will go to Joplin with Leslie. We will shop this morning and have lunch and go out to the church's camp grounds for her board meeting. I have taken my kindle and will read while her meeting is going on. I am determined to get through this latest Marcus Borg book. It has taken me forever. I have just not been able to concentrate on reading lately.

Tuesday is the primary election and I will vote. It's so hard to know who to vote for since there are so many "tea party" candidates. The Koch brothers from Wichita finance that group and I don't want to support their agenda so will vote for anyone who intends to use their own intellect to make decisions. It's scarey how much power the rich already have in the this country. We are the new Rome...a domination system of government. Money is power and that leaves little power for the poor and middle class. That's why I am so determined to vote each time.

I also need to take cakes to Independence on Tuesday morning and have my hair appointment then too. It will be a busy time. I will bake my two cakes on Monday morning and wait until that evening to ice them.

More later....

1 comment:

Balisha said...

Hope your weekend is cooler. We are to have weather in the high 80's. So a reprieve of sorts. Then back to the high 90's. This summer has been a scorcher.
Have a nice breakfast...Balisha