Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Another Hot Wednesday

Still no rain and none in the forecast either. I broke down and watered my tree last night. It may not make it if we don't get some rain soon.

I got up this morning and mixed up my meatloaf and put it in the frig. If we get back from Bartlesville soon enough, I will put it in the microwave and cook it for dinner. Everything else is simply a warmup. That meatloaf takes thirty minutes in the microwave. Then I will go to work after dinner.

I still haven't watered my plants this morning and had better get that done pretty soon. They are struggling to stay alive. I haven't fed Inky yet either. He may be out front waiting to be picked up and carried through the house to the patio. That is his way of getting picked up. I wish Missy were that affectionate.

More later....

Well, the doctor's visit became a lot more complicated then we thought. When we got there right on time, they took thirty minutes to tell us that they had changed their procedure and he would need to go to the cancer center and get a blood test before they would do the CT scan. So he drove to the cancer center and was told there that unless he had a port, they couldn't do the blood work and he would have to go to the hospital lab to get it done. So we moved the car again and went to the emergency room entrance and found the lab. They hadn't yet received the order for his blood work and it was ten minutes or so before they did. Then he had to wait another twenty minutes to get the blood work done because there appeared to be only one technician.

After that it was back to the diagnostic center for another fifteen minute wait. About 11:00 or so, he got in for his 9:00 appointment. It didn't take long and we were on our way back to Coffeyville by 11:15 After we got back to my house, I put the meatloaf in the microwave and warmed up the rest of the meal and we had a pretty nice dinner. Then he went home and I went to work.

When I got home and got the mail and the papers and fed the cats, I turned on the sprinkler again and came in here to read the blogs. I was very busy all afternoon.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

What a thing to go through...and on a hot day. I'll bet it felt good to get home.
Enjoy your meatloaf...that sounds so good to me...ah...a meatloaf sandwich.
Balisha

marlu said...

Sometimes a person just wishes all these people would get their act together. We do what they tell us, and then it's not what they want!

Glad you had a nice meal!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks gals. We did enjoy our dinner. Cooking simple is not all that big a deal.

I appreciate your comments. I am cooking again today. It will be hot, hot, hot.