Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Quiet Wednesday

This should be a quiet day...notwithstanding it is a "work day" this afternoon. But Bob has a doctor's appointment this morning in Bartlesville near noon for the results of his CT scan and blood work tests of a couple of weeks ago. So I will not be cooking dinner this noon. I gave him my Garfield's coupon good for three dollars off a meal there. He may eat his lunch there. I hope his tests are all good. He will call me this evening to tell me about it. I will eat at Arby's this noon.

The rest of the week is fairly quiet after that busy day yesterday. I got home just in time last night to watch my new favorite TV show, The Mentalist. Then I took my bath and went to bed.

Tomorrow we will have sloppy joe sandwiches with cabbage topping and french fries.

I didn't sleep real well last night. I woke up at 3:00 and then had a problem trying to get back to sleep. I tossed and turned until 4:30 when I finally just got up.

More later....

I got my mower back from Carter's this morning and it did cost me an arm and a leg! However, it runs nicely now. He changed the oil, put a new battery in it and a new spark plug, and checked out the blade which he said would last me another season and a half before I would need a new one. He cleaned the mower up too.

Also, he checked out the belt and it was nearly worn through. He brought it and showed it to me. Then there was a thirty dollar charge for picking it up and delivering it.

It cost $274.28 altogether.

But I mowed this morning for the first time in a month. My yard looks a lot better but it needs to be trimmed now. Maybe on Friday or Saturday I can get that done.

After I had my smoothie, I went out and finished the raking and bagging of the leaves. When I get the trimming done, the yard will look a lot neater. I think there are 20 bags of leaves out there.

No comments: