Monday, August 20, 2012

Another Dry Monday

Once again all rain avoided us last week. The lawn is dead and I have not watered even on the odd days that I am allowed to water. They raised the water rate 25% and now I cannot afford to water even if I was inclined to. Past city commissions kicked that can down the road and now we must have them raised since next year we have federal unfunded regulations kicking in.

I will fix left overs for lunch today. We still have some of the tuna noodle casserole left from Friday and I made coleslaw last evening. Then we will have veggies and some fruit cocktail for dessert.

I will work this afternoon and then after work I will bake my two cakes for the dinner in Independence at the First Christian Church. I have an 8:15 appointment tomorrow morning so I will deliver them afterward. Wednesday at 5:30, after work, I have a PINCH meeting....if I don't forget it.

Leslie and I will leave Friday afternoon at 1:00 for our Health and Spirituality Workshop. We will come back Saturday evening since she speaks at church on Sunday morning.

In a huge gaffe, Missouri congressman Todd Akin, a conservative Republican candidate for US Senate said in an interview Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012 with St. Louis television station KTVI that pregnancy from rape is "really rare." Akin, who has said he opposes all abortions, said in the interview if a woman is raped, her body "has ways to shut that whole thing down."

He earned a rebuke from Mitt Romney's campaign after saying that ignorant remark.

Besides that his remark, "It seems to me first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin said of a rape victim's chances of becoming pregnant." is not upheld by the medical community at all. Where he got such ignorant information is strictly from his own imagination.

This guy has just cooked his chances for election and he deserves it. He really put his foot in his mouth.

I'm not an advocate of abortion but that's a woman's choice...not some guy's.

No comments: