Friday, August 31, 2012

Different Friday

It was a little strange Friday. I went to get my hair done in Independence this morning and then immediately went to work for one hour after I got back to town. I missed one hour of work yesterday taking Juanita to the doctor.

Then I came home and checked on my beans. I soaked them overnight and then put them on in the slow cooker before I left for Independence. When they were finished, I turned them down on low and let them stay warm. Bob came over about 9:30 or so and stayed until after lunch. We sat on the patio under the shelter and enjoyed the rain. Later I made cornbread to go with our beans and also used the rest of the ham he brought last week. The beans were good and we had the rest of the pudding I made a couple of days ago with some of those cookies.

This afternoon I sat and watched TV and napped. I had risen at 4:30 this morning and was tired. Earlier I also went over to the antique mall and browsed around. It was just something to do this afternoon. It's been a rather laid back day. I did clean the small bathroom but that was about all I did besides dinner.

I will watch the weather and then later go to bed.

No comments: