Monday, September 3, 2012

Holiday Monday

I didn't do a lot today. It's Labor Day Holiday. I began cooking my barbeque in the slow cooker early this morning and put the potatoes on before 11:00. Bob came over about 10:40 and we visited while I finished getting dinner together. We visited afterward until after 1:00. The meal turned out fine. I didn't have a dessert because he brought an orange maraschino orange salad and we used it as a dessert. It was very good.

I did go to the market after Bob left. I was going to bake my two cakes for tomorrow's dinner at the First Christian Church but I didn't have the foil pans I needed so I went up to the market and bought two.

I got the fourth quarter schedule finished for church and sent it out. I will mow this evening after it cools down some. I finally have a yard alive again. I miss the mail although the trash pickup did run.

I may send out the other letter for my class reunion next month. I need to send 101 by snail mail. The other 89 still living are online.

About 5:00, I went on out and mowed. I didn't get the trimming done because it was still 102 at that time. If it doesn't rain tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll try to get the trimming done after I get back from Independence....maybe after work.

More later...

No comments: