Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Phew...A Quiet Wednesday

I'm so glad yesterday is over. I left immediately after work and went to the library board meeting and after that stayed for the foundation meeting. It finished early about 6:30 so I rushed over to the senior center and was in time to greet our audience as they came in. I got them all to register at the door and at 7:00 welcomed everyone to the forum. Karlas introduced Darrel and I introduced Jim. Jim is the Republican incumbent and Darrel is the challenger. Both were excellent candidates and did a great job in their introductory remarks and answered all questions from the audience intelligently. Both had done their homework. It will be a tough decision to know who to vote for. Even though I know and like Jim, I will probably vote for the Democrat, Darrel because there are only eight Democrats in the Kansas legislature. We had 54 that attended. Since it was the evening of the city commission meeting, we had some competition for the evening. We were well pleased. It lasted an hour and 15 minutes. That was just about what we had hoped.

I got home in time to see the last hour of the Frontline program on PBS. I hated to miss that because it was about Romney and Obama's lives and history.

Today, I have nothing but work (and the noon meal). That is so much of a relief.

More later...

3 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, that was a terrifically busy day. I schedule so little for myself any more and feel hard done by if there is more than one activity happening per day. Yesterday, however, I was pleased to be at the polls when they opened for early voting. All done! So proud.

I was remarking to my husband how lucky we were to live in a country where the elections are free and open and not held where there are armed guards. Oops, spoke too soon. Saw an armed deputy near the door! We were at the county building, so I guess it was business as usual there.

Margie's Musings said...

Oh yes! I will not over schedule myself again in November. I still have the Mission Center Conference on Saturday and my class reunion the following Friday and Saturday.

Then the following weekend is the Peace Colloquy in Independence, Missouri. My daughter and I are going to attend that.

marlu said...

The Frontline program was excellent. There were very many things told about both men and their "growing up" that aren't generally known. I have read both President's Obama's books and maybe I had just forgotten some of what I read.