Sunday, January 13, 2013

No Church Sunday

Many of our people come to church from 30 miles away and the weather is very icy, so they cancelled church this morning. I am puttering and have done some cleaning. I'm kind of lost when we don't have church. Usually we cancel when there is a foot of snow. This time it's ice and 18 degree weather.

I will fix lunch for Bob and me. I have a creamed chicken and pea dish I will serve on biscuits. I fixed some pudding and I baked cookies yesterday so we should have a light dessert.

I don't know what we will do today. We may just stay in. It's very cold and may be even icier as the day progresses. I have fixed a pot of coffee and am enjoying that while I check the blogs and blog myself. Bob gave me this mocha coffee for Christmas and I have really enjoyed it. We don't have a video for tonight. We started to watch "The Descendents" last night and realized we had already seen it. It must have been one of the ones his daughter loaned us.

Howard and Judy will probably have the Living the Questions group tonight since we didn't get the inch of snow that had been forecast. I don't know how many will come out in such cold and icy weather.

We'll see. More later. ....

I spent a part of the afternoon after Bob left doing the letters I send out to each member each Sunday afternoon. He came back over after 5:00 and we watched America's Funniest Videos. There was a football game on channel 6 and Sixty Minutes was not going to be shown until 7:00. By that time we had gone to Howard and Judy's for our group meeting.

No comments: