Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Snow Tuesday

It snowed last night and it looks like about 3 to 5 inches already. We were to take cakes to Independence today but the road up there would be treacherous. I will be cancelling my hair appointment for today too.

I will clean my bathrooms today and pack more books into boxes. I had a mover over last evening and he gave me what I consider a reasonable quote to move me. He would pad everything. I think I will let him move me. It will save my friends and family the trouble. I have to move my pictures and of course I will move my own lampshades and lamp globes. The last time when we moved here in 2003, the silk lampshades were ruined and one lamp globe was broken. It cost me over $100 to replace them and I don't want to go through that again. I will continue to move the banker boxes myself too. I put them in the closet of the room in which they belong. The big challenge will be the garage. I am planning to rent a small storage building to put some of the boxes I need to go through to throw stuff away or put into a yard sale.

I have chili left from last night. I will eat the rest of it today. Last evening about the time the mover was to come, I realized I had only had a biscuit for breakfast and one of Cyndi's brownies Leslie gave us at lunchtime. So I picked up Bob and we went to Braum's. I got that bowl of chili and Bob had a hamburger. The chili was too much and eaten too late at night. I went to bed at 8:30 and slept until 3:00 AM and then was finally able to get back to sleep after taking a Tums. I feel better today. It doesn't hurt between my shoulder blades today. I think that is simply exhaustion.

More later....

No comments: