Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Sleepless Night

I awoke at 3:30 this morning and never was able to get back to sleep. I just have too much to do and too little time to get it done. I continue to take three boxes over to the apartment every day but I am very slow in getting all of them moved. For example, there are sixteen boxes of books piled here in the dining room. I have to empty the garage before taking them over. It's cold so I don't work a lot in the garage right now. I will load up some more from the garage today. Tomorrow I get my hair done at 7:00 unless I can get a time today instead. I am committed to work at the library book sale from 9:00 until 11:00 tomorrow. Then I will meet John and Leslie for lunch at Hong Kong delight at 11:30. She gets her staples out tomorrow morning.

The afternoon will be free to pack and move boxes again. I need to get all those drapes and drapery rods down and packed in tight boxes so I can install my Roman blinds. I will need to pick up some nail hole filler at Ace Hardware. I am thinking of asking Richard if I can pay him to install those blinds. Bobby is just too busy with his own projects.

I need to pack the garage too. Then Jeromy can come climb into my attic and get that stuff stored up there down so I can throw it away. There is also a cabinet on the wall with spray paint and a set of decorating books that I will put in my yard sale this spring. There is a metal shelf unit with odds and ends in it. Most of that will be boxed and trashed. There are a lot of Christmas decorations which I will need to store in my small storage closet in the dining room. And there is a lot of junk that will just be trashed. I also have stuff to get out of the shed and trash too. There just isn't enough storage for me to keep all that stuff. I move March 19th and that is creeping right up on me. My mover will move my furniture but not my boxes and pictures. I have to move them. I still need to rent a small storage unit but unless one opens up pretty quick, I will not have time to get everything moved that I need to store temporarily. All this runs through my mind when I wake up in the night.

I got hold of the doctor again yesterday and told him my cellulitis is still with me. It has not changed since last Saturday when I finished my medicine. I had to insist that he give me another week of medicine. He changed the antibiotic so maybe it will clear it up. If not he will refer me to Dr. Eslicker the dermatologist in Bartlesville. I am really tired of fooling with that on top of everything else. It is dangerous and could cause me some really serious problems. He just doesn't seem to take me seriously. I finally got through to him yesterday. It will be three weeks Saturday since it developed.

2 comments:

clairz said...

Oh, the thought of you lugging all those boxes of books around! Even though I am a [retired] librarian, I still wonder why people make themselves the keepers of so many books. When I found myself moving mine from place to place, having to get more bookshelves, and then having to dust all those books; I took stock and realized that I didn't READ them, just HAD them so that people would think I was smart. I started getting rid of them and nothing bad happened. I still kept reference books and cookbooks, but I honestly use the internet more than the books for looking up things.

I'll bet you could call the local Goodwill or some other charity and they would come and take them all away for you. When you wanted to read a book, you could just borrow one from the library, or read it on a Kindle. So much easier to dust!

Heresy, I know! But I'm just thinking of your poor back, carrying all those heavy boxes around.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand, Clairz. We have no Goodwill here. The closest is 40 miles away.

I have never had any luck selling books at a yard sale either. I have sold a ton of books on Amazon. But I still have tons.