Sunday, February 24, 2013

Doing Better Sunday

I feel much better this morning and that's good since I have to preside at church this morning. I was simply wiped out yesterday.

It will be a different service. Our pianist is gone today to Kansas City to see her daughter and grandchildren. Leslie, who usually runs the music when Phyllis is gone, is incapacitated and cannot be at church this morning. So we will sing without music and depending on who (with a strong voice) is there, I may just read the lyrics to the hymns. Bill is bringing the message.

We will undoubtedly eat somewhere together after church although there won't be many of us. The weather is cold and nasty and our people are generally old and timid about weather so I no idea who all will be there. Sue, who has a good voice, has been sick with a cold and cough so she may not be there. We'll just play it by ear.

I think I will just take it easy today. I have been doing way too much.

I may try to watch the academy awards tonight although I usually get disgusted with them and turn to a different channel. I will not go out to Basham's for Living the Questions group. They live in the country twenty miles away and the roads are not good out there.

More later...

The service turned out well and we had three guests who went to lunch with us after the service...at least two of them did. They said they'd be back. I hope so. We have a rich fellowship in our small congregation.

Karan and I are going out to Leslie Monday morning to clean her house for her. After a weekend with John home, it probably needs it. The two of us can probably whip it out alright.

No comments: