Monday, March 11, 2013

Last Day in My Home

This will be the last day I live in this house after ten years. I still have a lot to do. I have to call the Reporter this morning with my address change, hang my bamboo blind, move the rest of my clothing, fold the daybed cover, sheets and quilts and put them in the trunk of my car, take the DVD player and the VCR player out of my TV case, take the Bose unit over to the apartment, and make a deposit.

Tomorrow, when the mover comes, I will have some more things to move. I will move the silk shades and the globes of my lamps in the back seat of my car. The desktop computer will go in the front seat and the laptop computer in the floor of the front seat. I will have to move the food from both the frig and the freezer too. There's not an awful lot in the frig since I have not been cooking for a week.

Last night the Mission Center president e-mailed me with some more to take care of about the church camp I am in charge of in July. I told her I was moving tomorrow and I would deal with it in a couple of weeks. I am also still fighting the cellulitis. If it doesn't clear up by next Tuesday I will see a dermatologist in Bartlesville about it. I am trying colloidal silver from the health food store now. I will give that a fair trial.

I fixed myself a piece of toast in the skillet and some warmed over coffee this morning to get started. I burned the toast right off and had to start over with it. I had just enough oleo to fix one more piece and finally got that eaten. Pretty soon I need to get going with this list of stuff. First I will have to vacuum the day bed cover. It has one spot that is full of cat hair...thanks to Missy. She will be traumatized when we move tomorrow. She may spend the next week under the bedspread on my bed. That's where she goes when she gets scared or confused. Poor kitty!

I am doing my last load of laundry in this washer. The apartment has a top loader in it. I am used to a front loader now. That's what I've used since 2000 when we moved to Independence. Oh well...that's a small adjustment.

More later...if I have time.

Carla, my realtor, just called to say the lender required yet another paper. We will not be closing on Wednesday. It will probably be Monday since she has four closings on Friday. She had four yesterday and only two actually closed. The other two needed "more paperwork".

That's not a problem to me. It just gives me more time to get settled in. I will have to make another house payment but thanks to Cyndi and the sale of the mower, I can do that. I am still moving tomorrow and will need Leslie's if only to help me put the computer or the TV back together.

Carla apologized all over the place but I told her it was not her fault and not to worry about it.

She was very relieved that I was not angry.

Complications!

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Betty, if you are reading this, I want to say, I always want to comment on your blog, which I read every day, but for some strange reason, I cannot open your comment link.

I enjoy your blog very much!

Balisha said...

I hope your day goes well tomorrow.Soon it will be over and you can just do as much as you want to do. Try to not overdo...Take some time to relax.
I'll be looking forward to your first post from your new home.
Blessings, Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! I will get back online as soon as possible.