Friday, March 22, 2013

No Snow Last Night

We had been forecast for snow last night but it didn't develop. We miss a lot of the forecast. Here in southeast Kansas, we are in a hole. It's the lowest place in Kansas and a lot of the weather goes either above us or south of us. We are still forecast for snow on Sunday but I'm not going to hold my breath.

One of my classmates called yesterday afternoon and asked to have the planning group for our 60th class reunion to meet one more time to set the price for the reunion and then I should get the letter and registration form out. The reunion will be held May 24th and 25th. I want to give everyone about a month to get their registrations in. Any longer lead time is hard to plan at our age. I called four of the committee members and he called three. The two I couldn't reach and had to leave a message called back last evening. We will meet April 3rd. Only one couldn't make it.

I have a hair appointment this morning in Independence. Then I will come back home and start dinner. I don't know what I will have yet. I have a round steak I can thaw. We may have that.

More later....

I went to the exercise class at 9:00 and then home at 10:00. I did thaw that round steak and made it into swiss steak. It was very good. I read most of the afternoon, went over to the Country Time Mall and looked for some of the small Corning Ware dishes to put leftovers in. I have some small ones but had seen some even smaller earlier. As I thought, they were gone.

Later, around 5:30, Bob came over and we went over to Brahms and got the small hamburger. He was hungry again. The cold weather stimulated his appetite, I guess. He came back with me and we watched the news and then he left to go home. I read awhile and then took my bath and went to bed.

No comments: