Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Cold Thursday Again

It's cold again today. After my meeting yesterday afternoon, it rained with sleet mixed in. Where is spring?

I am hoping we close on the house today. Otherwise I will need to transfer some money from my money market account and it's nearly empty.

I hope today and Saturday are nice for our trip to Branson. We planned this trip and invited Phyllis over a month ago, when we thought these house closings would be over. One never knows. I've told my realtor several times that this is why we don't move until after the closing. Things can go wrong...very wrong. My closing was supposed to be in March on the 13th. Then it was supposed to be at the end of March and here we are in April and still the house has not closed. She is aiming for today. We will see.

I need to go to the bank and to Wal Mart this morning. I need ink cartridges for my printer so I can finish getting the letter with the registration blank out to my classmates. Our class reunion is May 24th and 25th and we need the registrations by May 10th. That should give the caterer and the country club time to figure how many to plan for.

After I get through this reunion, I will have to get back to work on the church camp. I have had two teachers back out (they have changed jobs) and have replaced one of them. But I still have to find a teacher for the juniors. I am still waiting for an answer from a couple of people I've tried to recruit.

They will want me to do this director thing again next year. I'm not sure I am up to that. Time will tell. I am still dealing with the erysipelas bacterial infection on my face. Each morning I look in the mirror hoping it has cleared up. I have had it since February 8th. That's nearly two months. I am hoping it does not spread into other organs. That could be fatal. It's not likely since I am taking antibiotics but one never knows anything for sure at my age.

I did get a good night's sleep last night. I went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 4:00 when my neighbor next door began tapping on something. That's one of the problems with living in a fourplex. You have no control over what your neighbors do at 4:00 in the morning.

A couple more problems....the closing fell through again. A relative of someone at the closing company died and that cancelled the closing...again. That's the third time.

Then Penney's delivered my blind for the living room to the house I moved out of. Penney's had changed the address to my new address but the post office screwed that up too and delivered it to my old address. Can anything else go wrong?

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope the weather cooperates for your coming trip. Have a good time and be safe.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Balisha