Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Very Nice Weekend

We had a very nice weekend. We went out to Silver Dollar City when we first arrived at 10:00. We walked around for several hours, bought some fudge and an ice cream. then we went into Branson and ate lunch/dinner at the Olive Garden. Friday evening we went to see and hear Pierce Arrow again. It was a good show.

Saturday we got up early and ate at Panera Bread, which was across the street from our motel. I had a cinnamon roll...very unhealthy but very good. Then we went out to Branson landing and did some serious shopping. Phyllis did more shopping then Bob and I did. We bought some sale t-shirts but she really spent some money! :)

The weather was beautiful! Saturday was a little windy but still nice.

After we ate at a buffet, we drove back home. I drove part of the way. Bob was very sleepy and took a short nap. We got home about 4:30. I put away my clothes and took a bath, watched some TV and went to bed. I slept pretty well until 3:30 and that as it. Finally at 4:30, I got up.

I preside at church this morning. I need to be sure there is grape juice at church for the communion. I think I have enough bread for the bread.

More later....

We seven and the two great grandchildren ate after church at Hong Kong Delight. It was alright. I am just not crazy about Chinese, I guess. I did my letters and got them out on the mailbox in the afternoon and then I picked up Bob and we went out to the church and put a sign on the front door saying there would be no services next Sunday. much of the congregation will be attending the Sunday worship service at the Auditorium in Independence, Missouri at the Conference. Of course Leslie and I will be staying ten days because we are both delegates to both conferences.

Hopefully my closing will be one day this week. I really need to get this done now.

Carla picked up my blind over at the house and will get it to me on Monday. But I don't know when I will get it up. I only hope it fits after all this time.

I will meet Leslie for lunch Tuesday after I deliver the cakes and go to my hair appointment. Bob will be on his own for lunch.

Then Tuesday evening I have library and foundation board meeting. That will get me up to 7:15. By then I should be plenty exhausted.

Wednesday after exercise class, Karan wants to meet at the Tea Room. She has invited all the Living the Questions women. I will try to go. Thursday I will pack my clothing for the week ahead. Leslie and I leave on Friday for ten days at World Conference in Independence, Missouri.

No comments: