Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Busy Tuesday

I had a restless night again last night. The air conditioner makes a gurgling noise as it runs. There is a trap under it for the condensation water to drain into and it makes a lot of noise. I have put up with it over a week now and late this morning I got up and covered it with a towel to shut it up. That helped. On top of that, my arms hurt. I finally got up and took a couple of Tylenol and got back to sleep for another hour.

Missy has a serious problem. I noticed a couple of days ago that she was sniffing the air and doing a lot of licking her coat. Last night I smelled a foul smell and checked it out. She has an infected sore or cyst on her back just out of her reach. It is probably from that cat fight she got into last week. I will need to take her to the vet this morning if I can get her into the carrier. The last time I tried, when I moved, she tried to scratch me and bite me. That is going to be a challenge. I don't know what he can do about it either. I could never get her meds down her before even if I put them in her food.

I have a hair appointment in Independence this morning so I will take her up there then. I really like Dr. Barta.

I have my MRI at 3:00 this afternoon. I need to be back well before that.

More later....

A Doctor Cooper saw Missy at Dr. Barta's clinic and he immediately said she had an abscess. He said there was a lot of scar tissue there too. She had had a cyst when she was just a kitty and it had to be lanced twice. That's what the scar tissue was. He squeezed out the puss, cleaned it up and gave her a shot that is supposed to last ten days to two weeks. He also doctored it with an antibiotic cream. Her front foot was also infected and he cleaned that up too. She was just great through the entire ordeal. She didn't want to get into the carrier initially but Bob and I both wore leather gloves and managed to get her in without getting scratched.

She cried most of the way up there but when I took her back at the vet's, the vet reached in and took her by the scruff of her neck and pulled her out and she didn't object at all. She lay still while he treated her and didn't even offer to hiss or scratch. Then when he got ready to put her back in the carrier, he just took her by the scruff of her neck and gently pulled her back in. She didn't object at all. She never cried on the way home either. He said if she wasn't well in 10 days to two weeks, bring her back in for another shot and another cleaning up. But he thought this once would do it. Amazing!

I had my MRI this afternoon. Of course, I won't know a thing until Monday when I see the doctor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typically grabbing a cat by the scuff calms them down, there is a nerve back there and they just go limb lol

Margie's Musings said...

That's good to know. However, when my daughter, Leslie, did that when we moved her to this fourplex, she didn't calm down.