Monday, June 3, 2013

Doctor Appointment Today

I awoke this morning at 4:00 AM very uncomfortable. My right arm and back between my shoulder blades ached horribly. I even considered whether to go to the emergency room. It was worse then it had ever been. Finally I got up and dressed and put my makeup on and made a pot of coffee. After a cup or two, I decided I felt better. I do have an appointment with Dr. Hsu at 4:45 this afternoon.

I will not go to exercise class this morning. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and have just put one away. I need to strip my bed and wash the sheets and I need to vacuum if I feel up to it this morning either later today or perhaps tomorrow. I don't know what to do about the trip to Branson. There is rain in the forecast here. I will log onto Branson weather in a little while and see if they are going to have rain. We may have to postpone our trip to the last weekend of the month. The next Saturday is Juneteenth and the following one is the church reunion planning meeting at the church reunion grounds south of Joplin.

I also have my two cakes to bake and ice for my trip to Independence tomorrow. I will get that done later this afternoon.

More later...

I got my two cakes baked and will ice them soon. I went to my doctor's appointment and learned there was no different damage to my spine then most women my age. I have a couple of nerve problems and three bulging discs but Dr. Hsu thinks my pain is osteoporosis and wants me to have a bone scan and a bone density test. He will set up the appointments. He also wants me to take hormone replacement therapy and perhaps Fozamax. I don't want to take either. I did not do well in the past with hormone replacement therapy. it. He says it has been improved. We will see.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Margie...I feel so badly for you. It must be awful to not be able to rest at night. Medications do change over the years...so maybe give it a try again.
Hope your trip isn't rained out.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I think we may luck out on the trip.

As far the rest of the tests and medications, I will just play it by ear.