Sunday, September 8, 2013

Church Today

It's Sunday again and soon will be time for church. Bob was out a little bit ago and put our paper in his car. We will probably go out a little earlier this morning to see if Cyndi had her monthly inside rummage sale at the church yesterday. We will see if she did and if she cleaned up after the sale. If not, we will do some cleaning before everyone else gets there.

After church some of us will eat out somewhere. John and Leslie have decided not to try to eat with us when they have their grandchildren. It's just too much of a hassle to get to visit with the group. The grandchildren are 1 and 3 and they can be a handful.

This is the week we take our cakes to the Christian Church in Independence and I will do that on Tuesday. I bake my cakes on Monday afternoon.

I didn't sleep well last night. I awoke about 2:30 and really never got back to sleep after that. I don't know what the problem was.

Tomorrow we will have our stew and biscuits again for lunch/dinner. I have plenty.

I have been out watering my flowers. They are doing very well. I will take some photos and show you how well they are doing.



This is the east flowerbed that John built for me.





This is the front of my apartment showing the various geranium planters. See how well they are doing even for September? I water them at least once a day and sometimes twice.

More later....

I had a terrible mess today. I accidentally got hold of a product to soak my contacts in that was chemically burning to my eye. I put my right contact in this morning and it burned my eye terribly. I quickly pulled it out and threw it away. I threw the second one away too. It had soaked all night in that caustic cleanser. It burned all day until 8:00 this evening when it finally stopped. I left church halfway through the services to go home and get that new contact out of that right eye. I even went to the emergency room. They said I was doing everything I could already. It has hurt horribly all day. Finally at 8:00, when I went to take my bath, it suddenly stopped hurting. What a mess!

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Your plants are doing so well. By now some of the things are beginning to look kind of worn out, but yours look fresh and healthy. Love red geraniums.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

So do I, Balisha. I want to have some more next year and some different flowers in the flower bed too.