Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Monday

I don't know what the plan for today will be. I will be cooking again. It's been since Friday that I have cooked. We have been eating out.

I slept well last night. I finally got up at 5:30. Missy slept on the foot of the bed all night. She is climbing up on the storm door right now trying to get the door opened for her. It's only 6:15 and I am not going out yet. The mosquitoes are bad out there at this time of day. When it gets lighter, I will let her out for awhile. I always go out with her. I don't trust her to stay out of trouble after that last episode.

We were forecast for rain last night but we missed it. We really needed it too. It's been terribly hot and humid.

The president has decided to consult with congress about attacking Syria. That's wise. If anything goes terribly wrong, they can share the blame. I am quite sure most of the opposition to everything he has planned in his political program is racism. It's politically incorrect for any politician to admit that but I am quite sure that is 85% of the problem. I used to live in the south and I know their mindset. And it's not just the south...it's everywhere.

The black youth have brought much of the lingering prejudice on themselves with their rap "music", hanging down clothing, strange language, and out of wedlock birthrates. When I worked at the district courthouse I was amazed at the amount of crime committed by black men. And that's not all. They often get several woman pregnant and there were cases everywhere of the state of Kansas trying to recover their aid to dependent children.

Bill Cosby has it right. To win their rightful place in society, they must clean up their acts, stay in school, get an education and become productive members of society. I know it's an uphill battle but they will never do it by rebelling against society. The oriental citizens and even the Hispanic Americans are generally hard working and productive members of society. I know many blacks are too but the black youth give them all a bad name.

The black folks I know from the PINCH organization are productive, hard working members of society so it definitely is not all of them. One of them even has a PHD and has taught in a university back east.

Back to my day. I did have lunch as planned and then Bob and I went to Bartlesville. We just wanted to get out of town over the holiday weekend.

No comments: