Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday and Lunch With Gay

Yesterday was huge! The bus trip to Kansas City was not too bad. The play and lunch were both good but on the way back, exit 69 was closed so we took Metcalf Road south out of Overland Park. That turned out to be highway 69 to Pittsburg. It continually turned toward the east which was out of our way. Coffeyville is 60 miles west of Pittsburg. So the driver took highway 54 west to get back on the right highway number 169. Unfortunately, it went north west so we lost at least ten miles and had to backtrack back south when we reach highway 169. We finally got back home three hours later. It was a long, long trip. I was exhausted when I got home. I stayed up until 9:00 but could stay up no longer and went on to bed. I slept until 3:00, slept fitfully until 4:30 and finally just got up. Wild Wednesday.

This morning I made fresh biscuits and drank my leftover cup of coffee. Now I can take my blood pressure medicine. I will bag up the remaining biscuits and warm them up and brown them one by one in the days to come in the skillet.

I will meet Gay for lunch at Pizza Hut in Cherryvale at 11:30. Bob is on his own for lunch. Tony is not coming either. Gay and I get a better visit by ourselves.

We are forecast rain today and ice tomorrow. We are forecast snow on Saturday or Sunday. I hope it is gone by Wednesday when I make my trip to Tulsa to catch my plane.

I need to go to the market this morning. I need a few things including cleaner for my contacts. After this morning I am completely out. I also want to get a Coffeyville Journal at the market.

More later...

No comments: