Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday Cake Day

We will be leaving shortly for Independence. I have my trunk full of cakes for the First Christian Church in Independence. Then I will get my hair colored and cut and while my color is developing, Bob will get his haircut. Then we will eat lunch at Big Cheese today.

I did not sleep well last night. My arms ached all night after 1:00. Finally at 2:30 I got up and took a Benedril. Those do tend to help me sleep.

Tomorrow we leave by bus at 7:30 from the parking lot behind Sirloin Stockade. We will ride to Kansas City to watch a dinner theater. That's something different to do. Thursday I will have lunch with Gay. It's been awhile since I've seen her.

Bob came over last evening for awhile and we watched TV together and had a glass of wine until there was absolutely nothing worthwhile left on to watch. After he left I took my bath and later found Big Bang Theory on channel 29. I watched that until 9:30 and then went to bed.

I have a couple of things I need to do today. First, while we're in Independence I need to go out to John and Leslie's and pick up some more meat. I am nearly out. Then when I get back, I need to pick up the prescription for my blood pressure medicine. I called it in yesterday and then forgot to pick it up. More later....

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Margie...You are such a dedicated person. I don't know how long I've been reading about you baking and transporting cakes. I think that you make God smile.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I certainly hope so, Balisha. But baking and taking cakes is no big deal at all. The big deal is the church that makes the entire meal each Tuesday for free for those who are hungry for food as well as fellowship.

pat m said...

Wine? "I thought you were dead set against drinking.

Margie's Musings said...

I have begun drinking a small glass of red wine in most evenings to keep my cholesterol down, Pat. I am dead set though against drinking hard liquor.