Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Exercise Wednesday

I slept very well again last night. I awoke at 2:00 and went to the bathroom and took my thyroid pill. Then I went back to bed and back to sleep.  I slept to almost 5:00 AM.

This morning I am thawing the spaghetti for our lunch today. I had frozen it last week so we could eat the rest of it later. We will have some more of the garlic bread and a veggie with it. I will thaw some fruit for our dessert. I need to bake some cookies but I'll wait now until we get back from Branson.

I see Pepsi is making a new Pepsi with real sugar. I will change my soda to Pepsi then. I avoid high fructose corn syrup any time I can. I don't drink much soda anymore. I read several years ago about two studies that show that the pancreas and liver cannot process high fructose corn syrup and it just pours the raw corn syrup directly into the blood stream.  I gave up much of my soda then.  That could cause a number of health problems including  heart disease, obesity, cancer, dementia , liver failure, tooth decay, and more.

We will go to exercise class this morning and later I will heat up the spaghetti for lunch.

More later...

Read this excellent article about the HFCS problem.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2011/05/13/5-reasons-high-fructose-corn-syrup-will-kill-you/#comment-221876

5 comments:

Balisha said...

I try not to drink much soda either, but with certain sandwiches (hamburgers) I just need that carbonated fizz to go with them.
Have a good trip to Branson. Be safe.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Balisha, read the article I have just cited. It is written by a very knowledgeable physician.

I know what you mean about some foods. When we have chili or hamburgers, we both really seem to need soda. But I will be using the new Pepsi when it hits the market.

Suzanne said...

Hi Margie, I came across your blog while researching Clematis Vines. I saw some photos you had posted from a couple of years ago. They are beautiful. I am just getting started into gardening and am excited to see if the new 50ft flower bed I just put in will be as beautiful as I imagine. :)

I read that you mentioned Independence, but seems you are near Indep, KS. I am in Indep, MO. Anyway, love your blog. I just wanted to say "Hi" and that your yard looks beautiful.:)

Margie's Musings said...

My clematis was beautiful and bloomed every year, Suzanne. I had to sell the house a year ago and I really miss all my lovely flower beds. I now live in a fourplex of apartments and it is nice and I no longer have to pay huge taxes every year. Now I just pay rent every month.

Keeping up the house was putting me in the poorhouse. Thanks so much for visiting here!

Yes, I live in Coffeyville, Kansas about 15 miles south of Independence, Kansas.

I go to Independence, Missouri quite often though since that is headquarters of my church, Community of Christ. I attend Restoration Studies Symposium and John Whitmer Historical Association meetings there as well as our World Conferences.

Suzanne said...

Sorry to hear you had to give up the house. It must be a relief though to not have to keep up with it. I know it takes a lot for upkeep on a house.

I have a good friend that lives in Humboldt, Ks. So I have been down that way a few times.

Well it was nice to meet you. Looking forward to reading your blog. :)