Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday Again

I didn't sleep as well last night. I awoke at 1:00 and could not get back to sleep. Finally at 2:30, I got up and drank some warm milk. The next time I awoke it was 5:30.

I ate a biscuit for breakfast and we will have leftover chicken and potato pie for lunch with a veggie and a coleslaw which my brother-in-law will bring.

I began packing for our trip to Branson. My eldest son sent me $150....bless his heart... and that will help with the expense. This is the last year Bob and I will buy season tickets. Now we need to use them at least twice this year to get our money's worth out of them. After the rent goes up in June, it will be more difficult to find the money for such extras.  I am very healthy and I am afraid I am going to outlive my savings.

I made an appointment yesterday to have my right eyelid lifted. Four years ago, I had the left one done when it interfered with my contact. Now the right one (which is my good eye) is drooping terribly. I am not returning to the doctor that did the first one. I did not care for him. For one thing, I drove to Wichita from Coffeyville to get there in time for my 10:00 appointment.  He didn't show until 2:30 in the afternoon...without even an apology for his tardiness. There were three or more ahead of me so we did not get home until quite late. That's nonsense. That's a two and a half hour drive  Some of these doctors think they are god.  I received a referral from a friend who had hers done by this Joplin doctor.

We had a sunny morning and Miss Kitty really enjoyed the chair in the dining room. As you can see.



I need to set the table for lunch so I will return to this later......

Here she covers her eyes. She does this quite a bit and I find it so endearing!


More later....

I napped and read all afternoon and now I'm having to charge my Kindle. The nap felt good after last night. Bob will be over after a while and we will see what's on TV. I just took my paper over to him. He is probably reading it and watching the news now.
  

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Sometimes doctors can be so inconsiderate.
I hope you have good weather for Branson. Have fun!
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! We hope to have a good time. It looks like tomorrow will have rain there.