Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Better Thursday

I am doing better today after sleeping in my own bed last night. The bruising is still very bad and my eyes are still badly swollen but I feel fine and I slept very well last night.  The aching in my right leg feels better (so far) today.

I need a few things at the market but I don't know whether I feel up to subjecting myself to the public though.  I still look like someone gave me a bad beating. Maybe Bob will pick up the few things I need.  I'll ask.

I imagine it will be at least another week until I look like myself.

It's supposed to rain all day today. Thank goodness the children came to mow last evening. The grass looked very tall.  Who knows when the rain will finally stop.

I still haven't heard from Amie with the SER program with another appointment for a job.  That's a good thing since I look so bad. 

More later....

I had a couple of over ripe bananas and so I made some homemade ice cream this afternoon.  We will have some this evening.

Bob will be over shortly to watch some TV.  We are both reading the papers right now. I have the Reporter and he had the Journal. There's not much news in either of them.  He did go to the market for both of us. 

I will take a bath again this evening and then wipe my stitches with ointment.  I used some ice on the eyes earlier. I'll be glad when these eyes are well. It will probably be at least two weeks.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

People understand about those things. Staying home another day is probably a good idea. Have a restful weekend.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! I will.