Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday Exercises Again

I slept well last night. I got up about 4:45 and started my laundry. I needed to wash Missy's green afghan. She had been lying on it for a couple of weeks in the wicker chair and it was covered in cat hair.  She wants to go outside but I won't let her out until it is light. Besides, it's raining out there, I believe. I heard thunder in the night and I believe I heard it again awhile ago. We could sit on the carport but I want it to be light out. There are two other cats in the neighborhood and I don't want Missy to have any more trauma.

We will have chicken tenders for lunch today. I will need to get some milk for our potatoes. I'll do that before exercise class. Braums, where I get my milk, is only a block away.

I will need to clean and vacuum this morning before lunch. I also want to wash the kitchen and bathroom floors.

I lost the woman who was going to do Junior Church at church camp next month. Her boys are in baseball that week, And I really don't know where else to turn. I asked  the woman who helped her last year but she feels incompetent to do it alone and the other helper is having a baby that week so she can't help either. I am about out of options. I still don't have a campfire leader or a song leader either and the camp is just over a month away. It's a quandary and if I go back to work, I will not be free to go either and I am the director. I am just playing this by ear.  Until people start registering, I don't even know who else I can ask.

More later....

Aime, the woman who directs the SER Corporation program for seniors, called me back this afternoon to see if I was still interested in a job. I told her that I was. She set me up with an appointment with her on June12th at the library. I am having my eyelid surgery on June 10th so it will be interesting to see what my eyelids will look like after just two days.

This may change everything about directing the camp.  If I can't get off work for that Friday, Monday and Tuesday, Melissa may have to step up and direct it.

This will be interesting.

I will be bringing the message again at church this Sunday too. I may post that sermon too.

No comments: