Thursday, July 17, 2014

Busy Thursday

I broke down yesterday and went to the doctor (or rather the nurse practitioner) about my swollen ankles. She sent me to the lab this morning and had me move up my semi-annual appointment with the doctor to this next Monday.  In other words, she didn't have a clue. I doubt the doctor will either.  The ankles, especially the left one, have been badly swollen for two weeks. Last week at camp didn't help any. I climbed up and down that hill a dozen times a day for four days. This morning I awoke with the swelling gone. It's almost 10:00 now and the swelling is coming back up.

Afterward I went to pay for my auto/renters insurance. The Shelter agent, Travis, wasn't in yet. So I went to check on a quote from another agent who is with State Farm. His premium was over $200 higher then the $419 premium I am trying to beat and almost $400 higher then the one other new quote I have from Shelter.  Between my age and the two towing job claims I have had in the past two years, I am being priced right out of the market.  The Shelter agent checked and they don't raise rates for tows. He is my best quote so far. Insurance is a racket for sure.

Travis is in right now so when I finish this blog, I will go pay my premium. 

We are having spaghetti for lunch. Bob is bringing coleslaw again and we will have green beans with it. I already have garlic bread.  I will have to come up with dessert.

This afternoon I will elevate my feet and read my three magazines that came while I was at camp.  Maybe the swelling will go down.

More later....

I got my insurances paid and the other ones cancelled. Then I came home and fixed lunch.

We had a good lunch and after Bob went home I lay down with my foot elevated and read my magazines until I fell asleep. Missy was on my lap and she took a nap too. 

When I awoke I emptied the dishwasher and did some more reading. Bob came over and we went to the funeral home to sign the book for Jack's services tomorrow.

I have my interview with Aime in the morning at 9:00 at the library. After that, as soon as possible, I will get over to the Presbyterian Church for Jack's services.

I raised my feet again this evening to give the swollen ankle a chance to go down. Bob came over at 6:00 and stayed until 7:30 and after he left I took my bath and put my PJs on.

I'll try to stay up until 9:00 so I will sleep better tonight. I hope that nap doesn't ruin my sleep.

Leslie e-mailed me the survey results from camp and almost all of the surveys were very complimentary. After all my work, I feel gratified.


Balisha said...

My ankles have been swollen lately too. Isn't it the pits...getting old? If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth, Balisha!