Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday at Home

Today was the last morning of camp. We had cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast and then retired to the pool for baptisms. There were four. I am sorry I had packed away the camera and didn't get any photos.  Anyhow, I do have photos of the camp this week and I will post some of them.

This is the dining hall on the grounds:

This is the scenery next to the tabernacle. It's really pretty country in western Missouri. You can barely see the tabernacle on the right behind that Birch clump..
These are some of the cabins behind the dining hall. There are a lot more up on "Rattlesnake Ridge". Don't worry no one has ever seen a rattlesnake up there.

This is James, our guest minister, a member of our church's presiding bishopric. He was preaching his first sermon of the week here. His wife is playing the piano there.

This is a group of members just milling around in the dining hall.

Here some of them are eating dinner. There were 100 registered for the camp but some others came in from time to time during the week.

This is Founder's Hall, the dormitory with rooms to sleep four, bathrooms and showers. This is the upstairs part....handicapped assessable. 

This is the porch of Founder's Hall. It faces what I consider to be the west.

This is the back of Founder's Hall. There is a nursery, a fenced playground and two classrooms. There are also bathrooms with showers back here too.

You may remember I mentioned the duck race on Monday. These are the owners of the winners of the duck race....number 25.

This was the duck race in progress. Have you ever seen so many people so interested in the outcome of a race with rubber duckies?

This is the teen center. They can play ping pong here and also have their classes here. It is one of the newer buildings on the grounds.

This is a group of teens and a couple of older people visiting and playing games in the dining hall in the afternoon.

This kind of interesting, although kind of blurry, it is a beetle that landed on this man's leg one afternoon and he showed it off to the children. On the front of it, it had large pincers.  After a while it
got uncomfortable with the crowd and flew off.

I have some more but I think this gives you a cross section of the activities. I am sorry I neglected to get a photo of the tabernacle somehow. It is very nice and nicely landscaped too.

I got home shortly before noon and unpacked and got my laundry started.

More later...

Bob came over for awhile and we watched some TV. I tried to stay up to watch History Detectives but just couldn't do it. After four nights of very poor sleep, I finally just died. I awoke twice to go to the bathroom but got right back to sleep.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Thanks for posting pictures of your camp. You can tell about it, but there's nothing like a picture to tell the story. Have a nice evening...
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! You are so right!