Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Busy Saturday

I got a good night's sleep last night.  Bob came over as soon as he got around so as to not disturb the children. He had his grandson, his wife and three children and a two month old baby staying at his place. They slept fairly late so we went to breakfast at Eggberts as usual. When we got home, I let Missy out and went out with her to give her some company and try to keep her on the carport area. She did fine until time to come in the house. Then she balked. I could not get her in so I left her out and came on in to clean house.  She stayed close by.

After I finished vacuuming she wanted back in so this time the problem took care of itself. 

I scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen floors and vacuumed the entire apartment.  Then I dusted and put all the scarves in the dryer under no heat/fluff to get the dust out of them.About 11:00, I started dinner/lunch. We had some of that goulash. I thawed another pound of hamburger and made another batch of goulash. I took some of it and garlic toast to Bobby.

Bob and I had our dinner with garlic toast with the coleslaw he brought. We had mixed fruit for dessert.  He brought over his peanut butter and I made peanut butter crisscross cookies this afternoon. They are pretty good. Of course I had to try one or two to be sure they are edible. :)

We are taking up an offering at church tomorrow for my niece. She will need some money until her widow's pension comes in.  

More later...

No comments: